Knowing the Enemy — Satan1. According to Jesus’ teaching in John 8:44, Satan is the father of something. What is that “something”?
2. In Matthew 12:24, how did Jesus refer to the devil?
3. What designation did the apostle Paul apply to Satan in 2 Corinthians 4:4?
4. What designation did Christ apply to Satan in John 8:44?
5. What designation did the apostle John apply to Satan in Revelation 20:2?
6. What is the meaning behind the word “devil”?
7. To what did the apostle Peter compare Satan in 1 Peter 5:8?
8. How did Jesus describe Satan in Matthew 13:39?
9. According to Mark 4:14-15, what is one of Satan’s main tactics in the war against human souls?
10. In Matthew 4:1-11, what three things did Satan use in his efforts to tempt Christ to sin?
11. According to John 13:2, who was behind the actions of Judas to betray Christ?
12. According to the instruction found within this lesson, what one thing does Satan want more than anything else in the world?
13. How did Paul say (in 2 Corinthians 2:11) that Satan might appear?
14. What request did Satan make in Luke 22:31?
15. How is Satan described in 1 Timothy 3:7?
16. What does 1 Peter 5:9 urge us to do when Satan tempts us?
17. According to Ephesians 6:10-17, what “equipment” do we possess that can help us carry out the command found in 1 Peter 5:9?
18. When Jesus was tempted by Satan (Matthew 4:4,7,11), how did He respond?
19. What is the message found in Jesus’ temptation (Matthew 4) for us today?
20. According to Psalm 119:1-12, what must we do if we expect to overcome Satan?
21. The text of 1 John 4:4 contains amazing encouragement for the child of God. What is that encouragement?
22. What, according to 1 John 5:4, is our victory over Satan?